Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fall has me feeling down...

Autumn is a beautiful time of year. But for me, it's just kinda sad. No matter how much I look at pretty leaves, I always feel like everything is slowing dying all around me. It makes me very, oh, melancholy I guess. It's especially hard this year since I'm not going back to school. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my work. I have however, been conditioned to go to school in the fall. That's what I do. So now, I'm here at home, doing the same things I have been doing, and I have to face a life that is going to be the same all year around. That's just weird...something has really got me down. I'm just plain ol' sad with no real excuse. I'm sure I'll feel better soon, maybe even in a few minutes (hey, it's possible), but I'm just wondering if any of you ever just really feel down for no really good reason?

Did anyone see the moon tonight? It was just beautiful, I suppose we are still in the "harvest moon." I love to look at the moon. And yes, I do think there could be other life out there in space. I truly hope so. Seriously, wouldn't that just be so neat?? What other life-forms could God have made?? Space is sooo cool...I know that God is with us here, but I can't help but think of him as being "out there." In my mind, space is soooo huge...and when I think about God being in every corner of it...that just makes Him even larger in my mind.

On to a random thought: when I was very little, oh, I don't know, 5 or 6 or so...I used to picture God as this big man with a beard wearing over-alls (why? I don't know, that's what everyone wore when I was little) and he was always standing in my mind propped up against a mountain, with one arm resting on the very crest. I have no idea where this came from, but it obviously still sticks with me today.

I just feel like rambling tonight, and this seems to be helping my mood. We finally have some birds out in the front of the house, and I'm sooo excited. I love to hear and watch birds playing. I was worried for awhile, we had no visitors at the feeder. While we were at the apt, I had many "regulars" at the bird feeder, and at least 2 sets of babies right on our porch. Our porch was right outside the bedroom, so every morning I'd wake up to the birds just chirping away. Hopefully we'll have that again.

Coda is settling into the new house pretty well. She is still just very jumpy at the slightest noise, but that's fairly normal for her. She's very high-strung. Tim would say she got that from me.

No comments: