Thursday, October 9, 2008

Car trouble...

I don't want to buy a new car!!! I much prefer life without a car payment!!! However, Tim's radiator just threw up all over the engine today, and we don't yet know why, but goodness, that poor little car has 150K on its record. My car (just a little over 100K) tears up to the tune of 600 big ones about every 6 months (now, mine is leaking $30/jug antifreeze). Tim would say it's every 3 months. I'll stick to my story. We wanted to finish the area in the attic over the garage, but it's looking like we may have to put that moolah into a new car instead. Yuck. The problem is we desperately need something to be able to do some minor hauling (Tim is really wanting an Honda Element SC) since we're here in Memphis and most of my friends left Memphis like bats out of hell after graduation. Except me and Tim. We stayed. Something about Memphis suckered us in. I think it's the 550 miles that separate us from East TN, actually. Don't get me wrong. I miss our friends....and I miss my family too....but life here is much simpler for us.

Tim is finally going to get Wednesdays off so we will have a day together. It really stinks being on opposite schedules. I work 10am-5pm, and he works 1pm-9pm. We rarely have time to do anything more than go out to eat together. Oh well. We'll find a way to make it work. I only hope we don't do this for the rest of our lives.

I'm soo excited...we finally decided on bedroom linens...and they're stark WHITE. With some little circles. We're going for a modern look, so I plan on painting the walls a dramatic color, probably a deep grey-blue, who knows how long that'll take for that final decision. I was so excited I found this set for 100 bucks. I know you're excited too. This is a sort of look I'm going for: here.

Just a random FYI: when visiting your eye doctor, or any other for that matter...please brush your teeth and/or use some gum. I've had some patients lately whose breath has over-powered the room. I thought I was going to pass out today from holding MINE. Not good. Less oxygen to the brain=not necessarily such a great eye exam.

1 comment:

angela said...

oooh, I love that dark blue and white together. decorating is so fun. i miss having painted walls.

sorry to hear about the car. it seems like we are always having car trouble.